Remember Our Soldiers
Materials for experiential,active learners
Mrs. Portulaca Purpilopilis
and the Purple Adventure Goggles
Facts to Wow your Friends! Chinese New Year/Famous Games from Greece/Black History Fun Facts/ Presidents!
History For Kids
Tween Tribune-News Stories for Student
DogoNews: Fodder for Young Minds
BBC Website for Kids
TEST your TURKEY IQ Webquest!
1. What is the snood or dew bill of a turkey?______________________
2. The pouch-like area in the front of a turkey?_____________________
3. Do both the male(tom) and female (hen) turkeys gobble?_____________________
4. Who wanted to make the turkey, and not the bald eagle, our national symbol?_________________________________
5. Did the Apache Indians hold the turkey in high regard?______________________
6. Can domesticated turkeys fly?________________________
7. Do turkeys have ears?_____________________________
8. The turkey is related to what other bird?____________________________
9. Some people say the word turkey was coined by which person because he used the word, Tuka,to refer to the birds. ______________________What bird did this person incorrectly think the turkey was related?____________________
10. What is a baby turkey called?__________________
Find the answers at these links:
NEED SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT THE TURKEY?
Note: Illustration from WPClipart.com