How Do We Elect a President?
Presidential Election FREEBIE(INA)
Click Here:Gail's Boom Cards
New Book: Fashion Rules!
New Book:Mrs. Paddington and the Silver Mousetraps
Click Here for catalog:Social Studies School Service/Resources for Teachers, Parents,counselors,more!
EbooksClick here for EBooks by Social Studies School Service!
Reader's Theater Scripts(Biographies in Ancient History):
Reader's Theater Scripts (Biographies in US History)
Click here to learn more:Teachinteract.com
Materials for experiential,active learners
Click here:READING NOOK
Is That FAKE News?
Need a quick activity?
In the News!
Mrs. Portulaca Purpilopilis
and the Purple Adventure Goggles
The COLOR GAMES!
The Wooden Cookie Box Story The Wooden Cookie Box
Facts to Wow your Friends!
Calendar Specific Resources!
World Landmarks: Lots of fun things to use with your students!
Short Reads of interest
Dive into Career Choices
Teaching Tips A-Z
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY
WEBSITES of INTEREST:
DogoNews: Fodder for Young Minds
BBC Website for Kids
Purple Turtle EBOOKS!
Award winning site for April 2008!
The official U.S. time - snapshot
Who began excavating the ziggerat in Ur in 1923?___________________________
What was a ziggurate and what does the word "ziggurate" mean?_______________________
Who were the three inventions of the people of Mesopotamia?_________________________
Find TWO facts about the story._______________________and_________________________
Look at the map from 2500 BC:
Which city is closest to the Persian Gulf?
Which river is closest to the Zagros Mts?________________________________
People of Mesopotamia played musical instruments. What was the instrument shown on the clay tablet?__________________
Written on a clay tablet, an ancient cuneiform letter of complaint is the world's oldest such letter ever found. The letter dates back to about 1750 BCE!
Go to this link and read about this artifact:
Oldest Complaint Letter!
1. Where was the cuneiform letter found?
2. Who wrote the letter?
3. What were THREE complaints the man had in his letters to a supplier known as Ea-nasir?
4. Although not on current display, where is this cuneiform letter kept?
5. What is the name for the earliest known Semitic language?
6. Have you ever been unhappy about something you purchased or received? What was the item?
7. Have you ever written a letter to a company? Do you think it might have helped to contact the company?
8. Pretend you are Ea-nasir and write a letter back to the customer.
What might you offer the customer to make him happy?
9. Many artifacts are located in countries other than where they originated. Some of the countries want their historic artifacts back. What do you think about this issue?
10. Archaeologists find many artifacts(things made and used) left behind by ancient cultures. What are two things we can learn from artifact?
11.If you could leave 7 things for a future archaeologist to find to tell about your culture, what would you place in a box and why?
Fun Site: Write your name in ancient cuneiform:
Fun Site: You be the Judge! Hammurabi's Laws
Test Your Knowledge on Ziggurates:
Resources: Powerpoints on Mesopotamia
- Laws of Hammurabi:
Want the entire unit on Mesopotamia with notes,activities and additional resources?Check out my materials posted here:Mesopotamia:First Historic People
Ancient Mesopotamia:Secret Message(A Review Activity)
Hammurabi,King of Babylon: A Reading Passage
Note: Illustration from: http://karenswhimsy.com/babylon.shtm